Over 135 computers tested.
From tech updates to new trends (including built-in Wifi capabilities, display screen sizes, the new Windows Vista system), ConsumerReports.org
gives you all the information you need when buying a desktop or laptop computer.
- Speed: tests measured performance while running office productivity and content creation applications
- Ergonomics: tests represents the ease of using the keyboard, touch pad, and switches, as well as case design.
- Display: tests covered screen quality, including clarity, contrast, and viewing angle.
- Multimedia feature tests: include hardware (memory-card slots, AV connections), and software (multimedia playback and editing programs).
- Speakers: tests covered speaker fidelity, bass response, and loudness.
- Battery life: tested while running productivity applications.
- Weight: tests include optical drives and one battery (no AC adapter).
These days computers have so many options
and so many features…
it’s hard to choose what’s right for you. Is portability a concern? Is running complex 3D games and video editing a “must-have”? Find out what’s really most important when buying your next desktop or laptop computer with ConsumerReports.org’s expert “How to choose” advice:
- Windows PCs vs Macs
- Mouse or touchpad
- Preconfigured or custom-built
- Importance of tech support
- Repair history and brand reliability
- Click here to learn more