Over 80 interior and exterior paints tested. Which are top-rated?
From interior to exterior paints and flat to semi-gloss sheens, ConsumerReports.org gives you test results with all the information you need when buying paint.
- Types of paint: We tested both interior and exterior paints with a variety of sheens.
- Resistance to color fading (interior & exterior)
- Ability to hide surface imperfections (interior)
- Surface smoothness (interior)
- Stain resistance (interior)
- Ability to withstand scrubbing (interior)
- Dirt resistance
- Mildew resistance (interior & exterior)
For our complete paint Ratings and Reviews, including our Quick Picks, and how to choose guide.....
These days, there are so many decisions to make before you choose to paint your home…
it's hard to choose what's right for your painting needs. Can you get by with only one coat? What type of gloss do you need? Find out what's really important when buying paint with ConsumerReports.org's
expert "How to choose" advice:
- Common painting mistakes
- Do you need flat, low luster or semi-gloss?
- How to choose and test colors
- Importance of surface preparation
- Shopping tips
- Click here to learn more