Over 13 receiver models tested. Which are top-rated?
You don't have to spend a fortune for a good receiver. ConsumerReports.org
gives you the test results with all the information you need when buying a new receiver for your home audio system.
- Amp performance/reception
- Ease of use (console and remote)
- Watts per channel
- Digital-audio inputs
- S-video, component-video, and HDMI inputs
For our complete receiver Ratings and Reviews, including our comprehensive buying advice
These days, there are so many decisions to make before buying a new receiver…
it's hard to choose what's right for you. What kind of music do you listen to? Do you want a full-featured home-entertainment system? Find out what's really most important when buying a new receiver with ConsumerReports.org's
expert "How to choose" advice:
- What kind: stereo vs. multichannel
- How many channels do you need?
- How many devices do you need to connect?
- Speaker compatibility
- Size of the room
- Click here to learn more