For almost 75 years, Consumer Reports has been providing unbiased and independent Ratings on everything from cars to computers, strollers to string trimmers, dishwashers to digital cameras. Each year, we test over 3,000 appliance, car, electronics, food, home & garden, health, money, and kids products – all so that you can make an informed purchase decision.
Subscribe to ConsumerReports.org today and you'll receive...
- Complete performance test ratings
- Reliability test results
- Valuable buying advice
- CR Best Buys
- CR Recommended models and products
- Interactive product selector to compare brands
- Complete specifications from product dimensions to features
- And much more!
Looking to buy a new, workhorse laptop without spending a fortune?
ConsumerReports.org has all the information you need to make the right choice. Should you buy a 13-inch display or opt for a larger 17-inch screen? Considering a Windows or Macintosh operation system? We've tested the leading laptops brands and found the ones that performed best.
ConsumerReports.org gives you test results complete with all the information you need when buying a new laptop computer. When looking to buy, you should consider the following...
- Type: budget, workhorse, slim-and-light, tablet-style, or ultra portable
- Windows vs. Macintosh
- Battery life
- Screen (display) size
- USB keyboard vs. built-in keyboard
- Docking station connection
- Built-in speakers vs. external speakers